In this 45 second PAREable, learn how embracing vulnerability can make you whole.
- Have courage to be imperfect, to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart.
- Have compassion, kind to yourselves to learn to be kind to others.
- Embrace vulnerability, what made you vulnerable, made you beautiful. It’s the willingness to do something where there are no guarantees.
- Be authentic, let go of who you think you should be in order to be who you are.
- Don’t numb the feeling of vulnerability. One can’t selectively numb emotions. If you numb the hard feelings, you also numb joy, gratitude and happiness.
- Don’t make the uncertain certain. It’s a vicious cycle of who’s right and who’s wrong.
- Connection is why you’re here, it’s what gives purpose and meaning.
- The ability to feel connected is how we’re wired.
- Shame can be easily understood as fear of disconnection, “Am I worthy of connection?” and “I am not _____ enough.”
- The underpinning of shame is vulnerability, that we allow ourselves to be seen.
- Blame is a way to discharge pain and discomfort.
Live and apply these ideas with the FREE Mindmory app!
Here is her vulnerably powerful TED Talk.
Until the next PAREable..