In this 45 second PAREable, discover ideas on how to hit peak productivity.
- Focus. When other thoughts enter the mind, record them on an external Thought Bucket that is close by.
- Make sure to empty the Thought Bucket weekly and organize it.
- Remove unimportant items, finish 2-minute tasks, deadlines/appointments go into calendar.
- Practice outcome thinking by having a project list that tracks steps that leads to desired goals. The most urgent step of the project list goes to Next Action list.
- Next Action list should stay with you at all times, so you can choose to act on them when time frees up.
- Waiting For list can help expedite things.
- Tickler File. Consists of 31 days and 12 months into the future, is for time sensitive reminders.
- Someday/Maybe list is for ideas in the future that are not concrete projects yet.
- Setup a functional workplace to create a cockpit of control that eases your mind.
- Weekly review and update all your lists.
- Natural planning to turn ambiguous ideas into brainstorming sessions that reduce the fog and provide clarity into action-able steps.
- Don’t multi-task. Focus 100% of mental capacity on the task at hand.
- Our brain’s nature is to think. Thus, thoughts would enter our mind that distract from our current tasks at hand.
- Daily to-do lists are inefficient because of its warped view of time.
Live and apply these ideas with the FREE Mindmory app!
Don’t just take my words, check out his book.
Until the next PAREable..