In this 45 second PAREable, discover ideas on how great leaders inspire action.
- Think inside out (start with why), not outside in (start with what). Communicate the why as it fosters a sense of belonging.
- Goal is to do business with people who believe what you believe.
- People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. What you do simply proves what you believe.
- Excited employees and excited customers who believe in your cause are the most powerful resources an organization can have.
- Financial incentives or punishments do not motivate people on a deep and emotional level.
- Customer manipulation may work in the short term, but it doesn’t foster trust and is ultimately counterproductive.
- Golden Circle consists of three concentric circles. The “what” is the outer layer, the “how” is middle layer, with the “why” being the core.
- Making profit is a result of the what and the how, not the why.
- Law of diffusion on innovation breaks down to 2.5% innovators, 13.5% early adapters, 34% early majority, 34% late majority and 16% laggards. If you want mass market success, you can’t have it until you achieve a 15-18% tipping point.
- Early majority won’t accept something until early adapters tried it and accepted it, and you won’t get early adapters until they believe in what you have.
Live and apply these ideas with the FREE Mindmory app!
Don’t just take my words, check out his book.
Here is his inspiring TED Talk.
Until the next PAREable..